No one ever thinks of what could occur while travelling that they would have to make a claim when purchasing a travel insurance package. However, unpleasant events can happen anytime, and any traveller may encounter difficulties.
If a person has extensive coverage, the claim staff at the insurance provider will handle all aspects of the travel claim settlement. However, you must include some crucial supporting documentation for your assertion. Prior to flying internationally and now domestically as well, travel insurance must be acquired; frequent flight delays and rescheduling have made this a well-liked choice. To determine how much coverage is provided for each issue, you should thoroughly compare the costs of various travel insurance policies.
You might choose an insurance that offers you multi-country alternatives if you are taking a long trip or making frequent trips to other countries. Additionally, make a distinction between the covered medical and non-medical conditions. While the majority of insurance cover lost baggage, cancelled flights, personal accidents, and illnesses, some may also offer supplemental benefits like protection from hijacking, missing passports, and other issues of this nature.
Depending on the problem encountered and the insurance company’s policies, the precise kind of supporting documentation needed for claim settlement will vary. The documents you might want in the event of a travel insurance claim are listed below:
- Claim Form: To start the claim settlement procedure from your side, you might need to fill out an offline or online claim.
- Policy Document: Undoubtedly, one of the most important documents is your insurance policy. It might state that the policy is yours by including personal information or a unique customer number. In the event of a claim, the insurance company will take notice of this first. Additionally, they will verify any issues you may have with your travel health insurance. The claims team will proceed with the inspection process if the problem is covered. The claim will be disregarded if not.
- Identification: You could be required to produce identification documents, such as a copy of your passport or Aadhaar card, by some insurance firms.
- Trip Tickets: It’s possible that you’ll need to provide aeroplane tickets if you need foreign travel insurance. Such data is helpful for claims involving trip cancellations, delays, and other travel-related issues.
- Cancellation: The insurance provider might want a doctor’s statement confirming that a travel cancellation was caused by a medical concern.
- Airport Communications: Such documentation is necessary for the event of lost or delayed baggage. To verify your travel claim, you must obtain the proper letters from the airport authorities.
- FIR: For cases involving the theft of luggage, a first information report is required. The assigned police authorities must provide in-depth reports.
- Loss Of Passport: You must provide a photocopy of your passport with your claim form if you misplace it while travelling abroad.
- Hospital Invoice: If an unfortunate accident occurs, you must submit the necessary hospital costs. If you chose a reimbursement claim rather than a cashless one, this is relevant.
- Discharge Card: You must provide a discharge card from the hospital where you had treatment if you have a lengthy hospital stay. Again, in the case of cashless claims, this is not reassuring.
Before making an online purchase, remember to compare travel insurance. When comparing policies, consider not only the price at which they are offered but also the amount and scope of the protection offered by the company from whom you intend to get travel insurance online. Having a discussion with family, friends, and coworkers may be advantageous since they can offer their opinions if they have had prior experience dealing with insurance companies.
* Standard T&C Apply
** Currently, there are 2 tax regimes in India – new and old. To get the tax benefit you desire, choose the correct one after consulting an expert. You can opt for a regime change during the next financial year.
# Visit the official website of IRDAI for further details.
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.